The Advanced Structural Testing Centre (ASTC) at the AMRC with Boeing provides the capacity, capability, and commitment to close the loop on the total engineering process.
We are able to physically validate research, analysis, material properties, components, sub-assemblies, and full assemblies for both research and commercial projects. Test capabilities range from coupons to prove the material properties of new manufacturing processes, to complete finished components and assemblies.
Working with the ASTC isn’t like every other test centre. Here are five reasons why:
- We are accredited by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) and are currently the only structural test facility within a UK university to hold ‘flexible scope’ accreditation. This means that we are not restricted to testing to specified international procedures, but can develop new test procedures in collaboration with our customers to prove out components under real-world conditions.
- We believe in doing things right. All the work we deliver is certified, irrefutable and the results auditable, giving you complete piece of mind – and we really do enjoy our jobs.
- We have a huge range of equipment in a fully-fitted workshop and it is rare that we wouldn’t be able to help you. Read more in our equipment and capability guide.
- Working with us is straightforward and a pleasure. Our processes ensure that we deliver a premium service regardless of the size of the job. We always ensure that any new test set up, rig function and applied loads are validated and agreed with customers before starting tests, to help reduce costs and ensure accurate repeatable results.
- Our team is highly qualified and has extensive experience in industry. They like a good challenge too and will be assigned to project manage your job from beginning to end to ensure you receive continuity of service.
Contact us. We look forward to working with you.